Act the First, Part I

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Act the First, Part I

Post by DungeonMaster on Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:46 am

Sartael rides forward, but slows as he approaches the barricades.  [Ends movement at F6.]  He raises his hands to invoke Sun Strike, but holds the energy in reserve, waiting for ambushers to attack his allies demolishing the barricades.  [First ambusher to make an attack on Catterina or Korash triggers his Sun Strike.]
avatar
DungeonMaster

Posts : 71
Join date : 2015-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Act the First, Part I

Post by Kirin on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:09 pm

Shadow plants her staff in ground by the western barricade and tries to use it as a lever to open the path a bit more [Strength check = 7], but fails to make it budge even a little bit. Luckily Korash’s Lightning Breath opened up the gap enough to get a horse through


The two goblins ride up past Elise, blocking the path for her to advance and getting into Great Position before wheeling their wolves around. The western goblin hurls his javelin at Elise and it sticks into her arm. [25 vs AC, 13 damage] Elise howls in pain as she shakes the javelin out of the wound, blood cascading down her arm. [Elise: Bloodied] Luckily for Elise the eastern goblin’s javelin clatters to the ground far away from her.

Elise grabs the reins with her wounded left arm, grimacing in pain and draws her sword. Her form is bathed in a silvery light for a moment as her defenses are renewed (Swordmage Warding, minor/free action) and rides down the goblin that wounded her. She lets out a fearsome battle cry and green flames ignite along the blade. She slashes at the goblin scoring a good hit with her tangat. The goblin screams out as the fire sears through a bit of its leather armor and into its flesh. [Greenflame Blade: 23 vs AC, 13 fire damage]. The wolf beneath the goblin is burnt by the fire as well and crumples to the ground. [2 fire damage to adjacent enemies] Elise quickly hurries up to her allies. [Moves to F6]



Kirin
Admin

Posts : 22
Join date : 2015-04-09

View user profile http://elementalevil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Act the First, Part I

Post by Toshi on Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:00 am

Korash rides up to the barricades at F and G 8 waiting for Elise to get in range so he can cast Inspiring Words on her (extra 1d6 of HP when you healing surge). Then he will continue moving after she's through the gap (ending turn on G11).


Last edited by Toshi on Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Toshi

Posts : 12
Join date : 2015-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Act the First, Part I

Post by Shadow Catterina Feelin13 on Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:06 pm

Shadow holds her action to attack the enemy with her Thorn Whip after attacking she will follow after Korash through the gap in the barricade (stopping at G10)
avatar
Shadow Catterina Feelin13

Posts : 8
Join date : 2015-04-26
Location : Angel's Fall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Act the First, Part I

Post by DungeonMaster on Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:18 pm

Seeing the opening Khorash's lightning-breath has made in the barricade, Sartael gingerly urges his horse toward the gap - just as the horse is lined-up, his heels accidentally tap the horse's withers and it obediently trots through, picking up speed as it clears the obstacle.    [Ride 20+1!]  He continues forward, startled at how easy it all seems.  "I've got point," he says in a low voice as he passes Khorash & Shadow.  [He rides to G12.]
avatar
DungeonMaster

Posts : 71
Join date : 2015-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Act the First, Part I

Post by Kirin on Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:06 pm

The goblin kicks his mount into action and rides forward [F5] and chucks another javelin at Elise  [18 vs AC]. The javelin flies true and makes it through her magical defenses to hit her in the right shoulder [7 damage]. Elise cries out in pain. To make things worse, two goblins ride out of the forest [F11 and G11]. Sartael, ready for such an ambush, is able to react before they can throw their javelins.



Kirin
Admin

Posts : 22
Join date : 2015-04-09

View user profile http://elementalevil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Act the First, Part I

Post by DungeonMaster on Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:22 pm

While the road ahead seemed clear, Sartael kept his speed down as he advanced.  When the goblins attempted to cut him off from the rest of the party, he was ready.  His arm pointed behind him, Sartael unleashed the Sun Strike.  [15+3=18; a hit]  The brilliant light strikes the goblin square in the chest, knocking him off the wolf.  The Light continues to trace over the goblin's body.  [9 Radiant damage + Vulnerable Radiant 3 to end of Sartael's next turn.]
avatar
DungeonMaster

Posts : 71
Join date : 2015-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Act the First, Part I

Post by Kirin on Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:35 pm

After Sartael knocks the goblin off it’s mount, both goblins throw their javelins at him [8 vs AC; 12 vs AC] missing him completely. The riderless wolf runs back into the forest.

Elise, slumping in her saddle and looking heavily wounded, moves closer to Korrash. [Move: G7, Triggers Korrash’s actions]



Kirin
Admin

Posts : 22
Join date : 2015-04-09

View user profile http://elementalevil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Act the First, Part I

Post by Toshi on Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:22 pm

Korash, seeing Elise's battered body he activates his Inspiring Words (Elise gets extra +1d6 with healing surge).
"Get up little one, we've still got a lot to do before the night is done."
Then positions his horse to block the gap behind her and Shadow.
avatar
Toshi

Posts : 12
Join date : 2015-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Act the First, Part I

Post by Kirin on Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:53 pm

“You always know what to say to make a girl feel better, Korash.” Elise smiles at the dragonborn and winks at him as her wounds begin to close. She kicks her mount into full speed following after Sartael. Green flames coat her naked blade as she slashes at the goblin on her way past. [27* vs AC, 16 fire damage, Goblin: bloodied] The goblin begins vomiting up blood but it’s still on its feet, the fire having cauterized the wound. She kicks the horse in the flank as she moves toward Sartael, “I’m feeling right as rain, ready to take the lead again.” And she tears off further down the path, she looks back at Korash on the way and gives him a wink. She feels even more revitalized when she turns back,. [Action Point:Activates Korash’s Inspiring Presence, Move action]


Kirin
Admin

Posts : 22
Join date : 2015-04-09

View user profile http://elementalevil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Act the First, Part I

Post by Toshi on Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:07 pm

Korash, seeing Elise recover tears off after her (double move ending on J17).
avatar
Toshi

Posts : 12
Join date : 2015-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Act the First, Part I

Post by Shadow Catterina Feelin13 on Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:35 am

Shadow moves up to(I17) and holds to attack of an enemy gets into range.(thorn whip)
avatar
Shadow Catterina Feelin13

Posts : 8
Join date : 2015-04-26
Location : Angel's Fall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Act the First, Part I

Post by DungeonMaster on Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:57 am

Sartael twists in the saddle and raises his hand again; this time, the Light he conjures splits into three separate 'hands' as they fly to strike the goblins and remaining wolf.  [Hand of Radiance: 18+3 = 21 for 4 Radiant damage to the wolf; 1+3 = auto-miss; 2+3 = 5 to hit; a miss.]  The wolf collapses.  Sartael wheels around in the saddle, trying to encourage the mount to rejoin the party down the road.  [Ride to J17.]
avatar
DungeonMaster

Posts : 71
Join date : 2015-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Act the First, Part I

Post by Kirin on Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:36 am

The lone mounted goblin kicks his wolf in the flanks, lets out a terrible high pitch battle cry and tears off after the party, trying to hunt them down. [Double Move to G13] Two more goblin come out of the bushes and move towards the party, ready javelins. [I18 and K18]


Shadow, ready for any sort of attacker to come out of the forest, raises her hand in front of her and speaks a few words in primordial. A vine lashes out from her hand and wraps around the wolf’s front legs.[20 vs AC] She speaks another word and thorns appear down the length of vine and dig into wolf’s leg as she pulls back. As the wolf collapses, its rider throws itself off and lands on its feet.


The goblins both throw their javelins. The dismounted goblins javelin careens off to the left and into the forest missing Shadow by a country mile. [9 vs AC] The other goblin’s javelin flies true. The tip smashes into Korash’s chest, clanging against his chainmail. [Javelin: 21 vs AC @ Korrash, 8 dmg]


Elise quickly moves down the path, getting close enough to strike at the still mounted goblin. Green arcane flames lick the blade as she swings, but the goblin ducks out of the way unmolested. [Greenflame Blade: 7 vs AC] As she continues to ride past the goblin it tries to counterattack with its spear but she bats it out of the way with her tangat. [Spear: 9 vs AC]

The little swordmage continues ranging out in front of her party. “Hey, “ she shouts over her shoulder, “I see the bridge up ahead.” She then sees the cluster of goblins on the bridge trying to prevent the group’s escape, “... Oh crap.”



Kirin
Admin

Posts : 22
Join date : 2015-04-09

View user profile http://elementalevil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Act the First, Part I

Post by Toshi on Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:29 am

Sensing the danger in Elise's tone Korash decides to try and deal with the mounted Goblin that Elise missed. He lashes out with the long spear, utilizing it's reach to keep the monster from getting close enough to hit back [13 vs AC, 15 dmg if hit]. Then pulls his horse up next to Elise in M23.
avatar
Toshi

Posts : 12
Join date : 2015-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Act the First, Part I

Post by Shadow Catterina Feelin13 on Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:21 pm

Shadow decides to take out the goblin in front of her with her Thorn Whip, She casts (20 to hit). Once she finishes casting a vine that appears to be similar to that of a rose or blackberry vine springs from her palm facing the goblin. (8 dmg delt if hit) 
avatar
Shadow Catterina Feelin13

Posts : 8
Join date : 2015-04-26
Location : Angel's Fall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Act the First, Part I

Post by DungeonMaster on Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:17 am

Sartael rides up to alongside Elise [M21] to see what the problem might be; upon seeing the swarm of Goblins and Wolves, he holds for the rest of the party to catch up.  If the Goblins attack before the party is ready to rush the barrier, he will unleash another Hand of Radiance (targeting the wolves first) as they come within range.
avatar
DungeonMaster

Posts : 71
Join date : 2015-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Act the First, Part I

Post by Kirin on Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:37 pm

Korash thrusts his longspear forward at the goblin but the tip glances off the goblin’s armor. He quickly manipulates the longspear as he rides off to keep the goblin at bay.
Shadow’s vine lashes around the goblin’s arm and as she holds him for a moment briars form down the length of the vine. The goblin grunts when the briars reach his arm and Shadow yanks on the vine pulling her target towards her.The vine collapses into dust and blows away as she turns away and rides off towards Elise.
Sartael moves near Shadow and Elise, his head constantly shifting to keep an eye on his surroundings. He raises his hand and tendrils of a brilliant yellow light jump between his fingers ready to attack any enemy foolish enough to engage.
The cluster of goblins at the bridge continue to patrol across making sure they have complete coverage of this side of the bridge. One of the goblins gives a chuckle and says something to his colleagues in a guttural language.
The lone goblin that Korash attacked rides up and raises a javelin. Sartael sees him and thrusts out his hand and at the goblin, the tendrils of light release from his hand and fly out toward the goblin and wolf as they rush forward. The goblin leans his body to move out of the way and the light hits the wolf. The wolf collapses as the goblin rolls free. The goblin looses his javelin at Sartael (24 vs AC) and the javelin impacts him in the thigh (4 dmg).


Elise looks around at her allies and nods at them. She kicks her horse in the flank and charges into the fray, drawing intricate designs with the tip of her blade. Her whole blade is limned in a white light. She rides right into the goblins on the right side of the bridge and holds her blade aloft. With a cracking sound the bright light around her blade fractures and flies out in all directions. One of the goblins is struck by the majority of shards of force energy as the others try to maneuver around the lights. But despite their best efforts the other enemies in the area near Elise still get struck by a few of the lights. The wolves fall to the ground unconscious. Elise points her sword at the goblin who took the most of her force needles. “Touch any of my allies and you’ll pay the consequences.” [Dragon’s Teeth; Aegis of Shielding]



Kirin
Admin

Posts : 22
Join date : 2015-04-09

View user profile http://elementalevil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Act the First, Part I

Post by Toshi on Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:29 am

Korash sees the opening that Elise just created and bellows "Run for safety friends, I'll cover our escape!"
He then drives his horse toward it (ending in S 23). As he goes past the throng of goblins he takes a swipe at the one on the end.

[Critical hit (rolled a natural 20) for 15 dmg].


Last edited by Toshi on Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Toshi

Posts : 12
Join date : 2015-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Act the First, Part I

Post by DungeonMaster on Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:23 pm

Sartael rides forward, trying to encourage the horse to cross the crowded bridge (Ride 7+1); the horse looks annoyed but continues plodding forward.  With one of the Goblins obviously bloodied, Sartael unleashes a Sun Strike at it (9+3 = 12), but it goes awry and dissipates against the unfeeling bridge.  [Move to R23.]
avatar
DungeonMaster

Posts : 71
Join date : 2015-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Act the First, Part I

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum